About the motivation: I am always quite enthusiastic about any web application, especially when integrated.
It was quite astonishing to see that facebook has a very easy to use integration library.
- download the Facebook Development Toolkit from Microsoft
- install it
- add the necessary tabs to the toolbox (default path for the dlls are C:\Program Files\Coding4Fun\Facebook\Binaries\)
- Create an IIS website for the application
- (my default site was tergeted for v2.0 .NET framework, and yielded errors. Thus I needed to change to v4.0 framework)
- you might host your app in your own server, however for simplicity why not register your application at localhost? :)
- off you go...
Should you need some hint or sample code, just visit this blog post from Steve.